Sunday, November 30, 2008

Readdmitted

Katie's morning labs showed that she was dehydrated and her blood pressure was elevated. They immediately started running fluids for the dehydration but the elevated blood pressure was an indication that she was possibly not getting enough of her meds orally due to the gastrointestinal symptoms. So, Dr. M wanted her admitted to UMMC. We were transported by ambulance from the local hospital to UMMC, not because of a true urgency just so that they could make sure we went from point A to point B without any other stops and so that the transfer could be smooth from a medical standpoint. She's back at UMMC. We believe she will be there at least until Tuesday afternoon because Tuesday is day 7 of the abx. I'll try to keep the blog updated.

I had a request for how I'm feeling, and I'm really feeling fine. I still have some abdominal soreness from time to time but mostly not where my incisions are. When you carry excess fat and they cut through your abdomen they kind of rearrange the fat and I seem to have a strip where there's no longer any padding LOL. It was funny, today one of the residents looked at me and said "where did she get her kidney?" I said, "umm from me." He was surprised because I look completely normal. I'm home this evening but I'll spend tomorrow evening at the hospital with Katie.

No comments: