Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quick update

We did hear back from Nancy. Dr. B (anesthesia) is ok with Katie's potassium level so the urgency to bring it down is gone. However, we are still to do Katie's flush twice a day. Between that and her fatigue she's officially not going back to school.

We are to give her lisinopril on Saturday but not on Sunday, this worries me about her blood pressure but I guess it will be fine.

I also got a call yesterday about a trace amount of blood in my urine. They were going to check with the doctor and see if they wanted the test rerun but I haven't heard back.

I've kind of been wondering about how things will go with the rest of Katie's meds. I hope that they will add them back in only as needed. I mean she's on 3 blood pressure meds, a med for acidosis, potassium and phosphorus reducers, and iron that she may or may not need after transplant.

We got our first look at her immunosuppresant drugs yesterday, one of them is a very small capsule and the other is average sized. Not that their sizes really matter, she swallows up to 10 pills at a time now, but it was interesting to get to see them.

3 comments:

Party of Five said...

Best of luck to you and Katie! What a wonderful gift to give your child a kidney. My husband donated his kidnet to our son 4 months ago and all is well. I will continue to follow your blog. Our prayers are with your family.
Hugs,
Stephanie Key
www.cotaformajork.com

Vicky said...

Did she take sodium bicarb for the acidosis? Does she still need to take it?

Amy said...

She took Bicitra but she no longer needs it, a big yay for her because it only came in liquid and was very very bitter.