Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trip to the OR before the big surgery

Katie has to have a short procedure this week on Wednesday afternoon. It's an easy procedure called a cystoscopy. Her surgeon wants to send a camera in to take a look at her bladder and also take a biopsy of it. He just wants to make sure he won't find anything unexpected when we get in there to do the transplant. She will miss the whole day of school on Wednesday and then school is closed on Thursday which works out very well in case she's not completely back to normal by then. Even though it's a quick, easy procedure that she has actually had done many times, it still invovles anesthesia so there's always risk.

Just to follow up on my previous post, I haven't received the lab slip to go pick up the materials needed to do the new test. I'm hoping to receive it this week so that I can plan to do the test next Tuesday since I really need to do it on a day when I'm home all day.

No comments: