Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moving right along

Ok... things have started to move very quickly.

I got a call earlier this afternoon from the donor coordinator that my blood pressures have been cleared. There is now nothing else standing in the way of me donating a kidney to Katie. Debbie was sending an email to Dr. Mendley and her nurse Nancy. She is also setting up the pre-admission testing date for me and coordinating that with the same thing for Katie so we can be there at the same time.

Then Nancy called to set up a pre-transplant consultation with Dr. Mendley. She gave me two dates and a few sets of times so that she can find a room for us to meet in. So that meeting is going to take place on either Monday 10/27 or Tuesday 10/28 (yep that's just a few short days from now.) I asked her where we were on getting a confirmed surgery date and she said she believes that everyone is still planning on 11/12 but when she calls me back to confirm the date and time for the pre-transplant meeting she will have that confirmation for us as well.

No comments: