Monday, March 16, 2009

The Plan

The culture from Friday came back with greater than 100,000 colony forming units of VRE (same bacteria as before.) We will be treating it for 14 days starting tomorrow. It's given every 12 hours which means that Steve and/or I have to get up really early so that we can start it at 6am so that it can be done running by the time she needs to leave for school.

The appointment with Dr. V has been moved up to this Friday at 9am... did I already say that, I apologize if that is a repeat.

On 3/24 we'll get labs and another culture at UMMC. If that culture shows that the abx is working then on 3/30 she will have her biopsy.

We also have Flashes of Hope on the 25th so we'll be back and forth to the hospital quite a bit over the next 2 weeks.

I'm also taking her to the eye doctor tomorrow afternoon because she has had a headache for over a week now. Although, this afternoon someone suggested to me that it could be a prednisone side effect and that prednisone can cause vision changes so, who knows. The optometrist suggested bifocals for her last August but I just thought she was too young, so step one will be to get those for her.

No comments: