Monday, December 15, 2008

Update

I got a request for an update, sorry I needed that shove.

The irrigations are going REALLY well. If we get the temperature of the saline right she says she doesn't even feel it. She and I invented something we call the "sloshy" dance for sloshing the solution around in her bladder so there's even some laughing and frivolity during the irrigations. I'm not sure that doing it with just the saline is doing any good so we may have to switch back to the acidic acid solution that we used a year or so ago. Katie wasn't happy to hear me mention that be later she said she's going to go into it with an open mind and hope that it's as easy as the saline.

Her teacher is coming by most afternoons and she's really enjoying that.

I was just re-reading previous posts and apparently I forgot to mention that we got permission for Katie to go back to her dance class. She only had 2 more classes before the holiday break anyway but she wanted to go back. She came home with a flyer about taking a pointe class. Of course how could we turn her down so we took her to have her fitted for pointe shoes and she'll start that added class after the holiday break.

We're going for labs here locally tomorrow and dropping off a urine sample for urinalysis and culture, we won't know any results on that until at least Thursday.

No comments: