Thursday, May 7, 2009

Down swing again

We had regular renal labs on Tuesday so we did a urine culture too (it's on the lab slip and it's just easier to do it rather than explain why we're not.) As soon as I saw the sample I knew it wasn't going to come back no growth. Sure enough today we got the preliminary report and it already shows greater than 100,000 colony forming units. It was processed by Labcorp and for some reason they haven't identified the bacterial and it is still a preliminary report even though it's been 48 hours. Peds neph called us and faxed the report to peds surg. I called peds surg but they don't know what the next step is. I think the nurse practitioner I talked to was going to email Dr. V. I'll call them again tomorrow since he'll be in the hospital.

Katie came home from school today because she was dizzy and weak. We were hoping it was a reaction to some OTC cold medicine but she was still dizzy and weak this evening. We're a little concerned but we're hoping that after a good night's sleep she'll be better. If not, we'll need to start trying to identify what's causing this new problem.

No comments: