Saturday, February 14, 2009

Irrigations

We just did our first irrigation with the acedic acid and I feel like the worst parent in the world. She rates the pain at a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst pain you've ever felt in your life.) She screamed through the entire process. She went into it with an open mind so I do believe her about the pain. We had to skip her bowel flush this evening because I just couldn't do another thing to her this evening. They want us to do 50 mL and leave it in her bladder until her next cath (4 hours later.) Tonight we just did it for 2 minutes with her screaming the whole time. Their goal was for us to go from 50 to 75 and finally to 100 mL.

Steve is on the phone with his sister right now so we haven't really talked but I don't see how we can keep this up. Katie would prefer to have another cystoscopy to mechanically clean out the bladder but I'm not sure that's an option. I'm just not sure what to do.

We did find out that we're only going to do a 7 day course of the abx, not sure why 7 instead of 14.

No comments: